Epsom Golf Club are proud to support Women in Golf.
A commitment to a more inclusive culture within golf
We, Epsom Golf Club (EGC) call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
Our aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, we recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture. There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
The R&A commits to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
In signing this Charter, we EGC commit to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
Is a statement of intent from the golf industry and EGC, to unite and to focus gender balance at all levels
Commits us all to supporting measures to increase the number of women, girls and families playing golf
Calls for positive action to encourage women to pursue careers in all areas of the sport
Recognises the need for change that creates an inclusive environment within golf and our golf club
Signatories commit to activate this Charter by:
Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level
Establishing senior management responsibility and accountability for gender balance and inclusion, which is discussed and reviewed at committee/board level within EGC.
Strongly advocating more women and girls playing and working in golf.
Working with key stakeholders to develop and embed a more inclusive culture.
Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf.
How we at EGC plan to achieve this
1. Appoint a designated Charter Champion within the club who can assist with the promotion and reporting of the charter.
2. Establish robust baseline data.
3. Deliver two initiatives annually targeting women/girls and families that are aligned with key England Golf campaigns
4. Achieve and Maintain Women Representation on Management Committee at around 30% or Above.
5. Establish Women and Girls’ Golf Academy
6. Use Volunteer Mentors to Deliver Mentoring Schemes for New Members
7. Deliver Recruitment Initiatives Targeting Women and Girls
8. Ensure EGC’s Rules are Cognisant of the Appropriate Language etc. Surrounding Equality in Golf as Set Out in the Club’s Equality and Diversity Policy
9. To become a SafeGolf accredited club and ensure policies and procedures remain up to date in accordance with our SafeGolf Policy.
Signed on Behalf of Epsom Golf Club:
ManCo Chair: Bill Allison : Signed:
Date: 14th January 2021
Charter Champion: Sue Pickard Signed:
Date: 14th January 2021